This vegetarian Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza is best for summertime parties. In this dish, sweet corn satisfies smoky roasted poblano pepper.
I’m a dish hoarder. I register for a lot of cooking publications and eliminated dishes quite freely. Because I have numerous dishes conserved, a dish needs to truly rock my socks if I’m going to make it once again. It can’t simply be excellent, it needs to be excellent
The very first time I made this Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza dish from Cooking Light, we liked it a lot that we made it once again the next week. And now, 7 years later on, it’s ended up being a summer season custom of ours. As quickly as I begin seeing fresh corn at the farmers market or supermarket, I make this pizza. And then I’ll make it every couple of weeks for as long as corn remains in season. LIke I stated, it’s uncommon that I make the very same dish more than when, however this pizza is one that we never ever get tired of. In reality, I’m quite positive that if you attempt it, it will be your brand-new summertime custom too.
FreshCorn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza
- PrepTime: 30 minutes
- CookTime: 30 minutes
- TotalTime: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- 1 big poblano chile
- olive oil mister or cooking spray
- 2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 big egg whites
- 1 big egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp newly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (138 oz) can cooled pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoon sliced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place poblano chile on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 10 minutes or till blackened and charred, turning midway through cooking time.
- Lower oven temperature level to 425 ° F.
- Place pepper in a zip-top bag and seal; let stand 10 minutes. Carefully get rid of skin, seeds, and stem, then slice pepper.
- Heat big frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with oil or cooking spray. Add corn, green onions, garlic, and zucchini; sauté 2 minutes or till simply starting to brown. Stir in milk; cook over medium heat 3– 4 minutes or till liquid has actually practically vaporized. Cool somewhat.
- In a big bowl, blend together egg whites, egg, salt, and pepper. Stir in poblano pepper, corn mix, and cheese.
- Unroll pizza dough onto parchment paper. It needs to form a 13 x 8 inch rectangular shape; if it does not, utilize your hands to form it into one. Spread corn mix over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold edge of dough over corn mix. Bake for 12–15 minutes or till set. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with sour cream (if utilizing).
- ServingSize: 1 piece of pizza
This post was initially released on 27 July 2011.