When I was little bit, I had a thing for chocolate-covered cherries. I’m not actually sure how it began– nobody in my household likes chocolate cherries, so I do not understand where I initially had them. But guy, did I like them. While my siblings would get Sour Patch Kids or Razzles (keep in mind Razzles?!) from the sweet-shop, I ‘d go to the fancypants chocolate counter and get 2 or 3 chocolate cherries.
Now that I’m older, I can’t stand those chocolate cherry cordials. They are waaaay too sweet for my tastes. But I still like that mix of chocolate and cherries– simply not all the sugarcoated. Since I’m on a little a muffin kick recently, I believed I ‘d attempt making chocolate cherry muffins. I’ve had half a bag of dried cherries being in the kitchen because October, so it was time to utilize them up! And I had all of the other components on hand too, so these muffins were simply implied to be.
Unfortunately, I’m still discovering when it pertains to baking, and I burnt them. They weren’t so scorched that they were inedible, however they did wind up being a bit dry, specifically on the bottom. I’ve changed the time in this recipe so if you make them, I do not believe they’ll burn for you– I had mine in the oven for 20 minutes. Other than the entire scorched bottom thing, these muffins were delicious. With the chocolate and cherries, they taste decadent, however they’re still healthy. Okay, perhaps not healthy– healthi er Healthier than a common muffin and definitely much healthier than those sweet chocolate cherry cordials I liked in my more youthful days.
WholeWheat Chocolate Cherry Muffins
These chocolate cherry muffins taste decadent, however with Greek yogurt, dried fruit, and whole wheat flour, they’re great for you too.
- PrepTime: 15 minutes
- CookTime: 17 minutes
- TotalTime: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup loaded brown sugar
- 1 (6 oz) container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or fill with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a big bowl, blending till swellings are gone.
- In a medium bowl, integrate sugar, yogurt, canola oil, and egg.
- Add damp mix to flour mix and stir till dampened. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Divide mix equally into muffin cups. Bake for 15–17 minutes or till toothpick placed into the center of a muffin comes out tidy.